Applying & Interviewing
Our talent acquisition team prides ourselves on providing a highly transparent and efficient interview process.
HealthcareSource©, the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry, recently announced that Lean Human Capital has selected Scripps Health as a winner of its 2020 Elite Honor Roll program.
This places Scripps in the top 5% of 1,200 hospital recruiting organizations across the country and recognizes our talent acquisition team as performing at an elite level.
We encourage all of our applicants to be selective. Only apply for roles that you are genuinely interested in, qualified for and that fit within your desired commute time.
Within moments of submitting your application, if you are a top applicant, you will receive an email to complete either an on-demand video interview or self-schedule a phone call or virtual interview with one of our talent advisers. If you don’t receive an invitation, there may be more qualified applicants who applied for the role, so keep exploring jobs with Scripps Health.+
Did you apply to a Scripps Health job that required Basic Life Support (BLS) and you did not receive an invitation for an OnDemand Video or advance in the interview process?
Don’t be discouraged! It may be as simple as not having the correct BLS requirements through the American Heart Association (AHA).
Many of the candidates who apply to certain positions at Scripps, may have BLS; however, do not hold their BLS through the American Heart Association, so they do not auto advance in the applicant selection process.
We want to help you gain an advantage and encourage you to reapply, once you receive your BLS through the American Heart Association.
Let’s help YOU to reapply…
Below you will find the three AHA Scripps Health approved locations in San Diego that we usually recommend if you need to complete BLS as a pre-requisite to make it into the hiring pool.
Community Resources for American Heart Association Classes in San Diego
Express Training Solutions: http://expresstraining.enrollware.com/schedule/
Critical Care Training Center: https://acls123.com/san-diego/acls-class-san-diego/
Once you have obtained your AHA BLS…REAPPLY, REAPPLY, REAPPLY!
Within 72 hours of receiving your invitation, you will need to complete your on-demand video interview, phone interview or virtual interview. No matter the format, come prepared to share how you are connected to the Scripps Health mission. Try to provide answers that are authentic, specific and recent.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the on-demand interview:
- You will have three minutes to record a video response to each question. Don’t worry! For each, you will have the chance to review and re-record if you need to.
- Treat the interview like an in-person interview. Wear professional attire and find a quiet, well-lit area that is free of distractions.
- Your videos can be reused when applying for future positions for up to six months.
Congrats on completing your first interview! You will be notified by email or phone if selected for the next stage of our recruitment process. At any time, you may also check your application status online in your Scripps Health applicant profile.
Conditions of Employment
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the onboarding process, once you have been selected for a career opportunity:
- Planning for your start date – consider the time to put in notice to your current company and the time to complete the Scripps onboarding requirement & appointments.
- A background check will be conducted (3 to 5 days to process once submitted). Be sure to be forthcoming and transparent about any criminal history.
- A pre-employment physical and immunization review are required through an appointment with our Employee Care Clinic (ECC) during your onboarding process. Your recruitment coordinator will help you schedule this once you have accepted your offer.
- The employee health clearance will include:
- A physical
- Immunization review
- A urine drug screen that includes testing for marijuana
- Immunization & Vaccine Requirements – Be sure you are up to date on your immunizations, as it will help when you meet with the ECC.
- All health care personnel are asked to provide documentation or proof of immunity to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Tdap/Pertussis. This may require you to undergo a laboratory blood draw and possibly vaccinations.
- All healthcare personnel are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or agree to the vaccination at the point of hire or submit a written request on the appropriate Scripps form for an exception based on a medical reason, disability or sincerely-held religious belief, practice or observance with supporting documentation. Proof of vaccination must be submitted at the pre-employment physical.
- I-9 Document Requirements – You will need to provide current acceptable documentation that meets the eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
Click here for the List of acceptable I-9 documents
- New Employee Orientation (NEO) Day 1– Virtual Interactive Webinar using GoTo Meeting. Your recruitment coordinator will send you the link to pre-register for Orientation. This will be your 1st day of work.